Monday 11 March 2013

Are cloth wipes actually better than disposables?

Since I began cloth diapering, I have been struggling to switch to cloth wipes.  I even went so far as folding a ton of washcloths so they pop out of the wipes container when you pull them.  I have homemade butt wash in a spray bottle that I really like, but somehow I just keep grabbing for the disposables. I don't know I could be wrong, but isn't it easier to throw out the poopy wipes instead of rinsing them off. I use the flushable liners so I'm not even rinsing the diapers. I think that's where the wheels fall off. 

I imagine if I had proper wipes it would be easier too. Right now, using the washcloths leaves lint all over her butt, they don't absorb the liquid, and they are pretty scratchy. My next DIY will be to make some flannel wipes and see if they work better. I'm not ready to give up on cloth wipes, I just have to find what works. Anyone out there use cloth wipes and have some advice for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment